Here are a few fun facts if you are interested in teaching English in South Korea:
- Most programs for foreigners teaching in Korea require nothing more than a four year degree. There are also comparable programs in Japan and China.
- Typical pay for a teacher in Korea is around 2,000,000 won per month plus free room, board and health insurance. That works out to around 1600 dollars plus benefits.
- Cost of living is lower in Korea than the US and you won’t need a car to get around. Because of this it’s not uncommon for a foreign teacher to save 40% of the money he or she makes.
- Getting through immigration is an enormous pain. Contact a recruiter as soon as possible and give yourself lots of time to do the paperwork.
- www.Eslcafe.com is a good place to start your search for a job in Korea.
Don’t forget to follow my blog!
[…] Fun Facts on Teaching English in South Korea (bengarrido.com) […]