This is what I have wrought. A 1998 Daewoo Nubira modified for track use by means of the least possible funds. Behold, a picture essay documenting the most recent changes.
This is a sheet of aluminum.
I cut said aluminum to make a glorious shape.
Then I held the glorious shape up while my friend used self-tapping screws to temporarily bond said shape to the mighty Daewoo.
Thus affixed to the mighty Daewoo, preparations for yet more glorious shape cutting began.
Whereupon we did permanently affix the glorious aluminum to the mighty Daewoo by means of these little bolts we’d weld to the chassis and then thread through the aluminum.
Oil cooler. You can see how I protected the ridiculous steel braided lines from themselves by means of rubber strips originally intended for gardening.
More oil line routing porn.
Thanks to Turbo Spark for the very nice fabricated bumper support.
Whence I did affix the fiberglass vents made from pork packaging.
Said fiberglass, said pork packaging.
This might be the first wiring I’ve ever done that works. Relocated an external emergency light into the engine bay so I can see what’s wrong when the engine pops. Did the same thing on the other side, too.
Surprise! More rust on the passenger’s side.
Viola, rust patch for the passenger’s side.
And the other one.
The prize! The rust patches you see above all came from this literal hunk of trash.
This is the other side, after a little finishing.
The thermal panel from which I made the longer rust patches.
Here is a rusty, spare Daewoo trunklid.
Here is my grinder, my parking garage and my bald spot.
Here are the chunks of trunk that would later become my hood vents.
Here are my hood vents after trunk-hood transplant surgery.